The Kossuth County Veterans Affairs Program provides assistance to all eligible county veterans and authorized dependents in applying for federal, state and other benefits. These include but are not limited to:
- VA enrollment into the VA Healthcare System.
- Veteran compensation for service connected disability (Including appeals).
- Veteran pension for non-service connected disability.
- Surviving spouse/dependent children benefits.
- Burial benefits (Markers, Medallions, Flag holders)
- Aid and Attendance for care facilities and housebound veterans.
- Assist with Veteran Home Loan Guaranty – Certificate of Eligibility.
- Assist with Education and Training Benefits.
- Assist with Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits & Employment.
- Assist with Veteran's life insurance (VGLI, Mortgage Life, Traumatic Injury, Family).
- Assist with Obtaining military records and discharge documents (DD 214).
- Assist with Applications for Iowa Veterans Home & eligibility for the Iowa Veterans Cemetery.
- Assist with “Veteran” designation on driver’s license or ID. (Must meet eligibility requirements).
- Assist veterans and arrange transportation to VA facilities as needed.
- We serve all veterans
For more information:
Des Moines Regional Office: (800) 827-1000
VA Hospital (Des Moines): (800) 294-8387
Marshalltown Soldiers Home: (641) 753-4325